September 2023 Newsletter
The September 2023 Newsletter is available online. It contains items on:
- The September meeting — Unfortunately Dr Len Holden is unwell and cannot return to view the Battle of Naseby through the lens of the Harborough Movie Makers. Geoff Woods has kindly agreed to step in at short notice and talk about “Buildings at risk” and discuss local buildings of different types which, for a variety of reasons, are all under-resourced or threatened and will outline what is being done to preserve them for future generations.
- The October meeting — David Lowe will give a talk on The History of Kodak and Family Photography. Most of us have, at one time or another, owned a Kodak camera, be it a Box Brownie or Instamatic, and used Kodak film for still and movie photography. At our October meeting, we welcome Heritage Group member David Lowe, who will discuss the influence on family life brought about by the rise and rise of Kodak. No doubt he will keep us all in focus and sharp intent on what he has to say!
- Aerial photographs of Lubenham in WWII
Last month Historic England released a collection of aerial photographs taken during World War II by the US Army Air Forces (ASAAF) Photographic Reconnaissance Units. The pictures of Lubenham, the airfield and surrounding area are fascinating and well worth viewing. To see the pictures, read the on-line version of the September Newsletter.
- Future members only events for 2023 (see see the September Newsletter for more details):
- a visit to Rocks by Rail, The Living Ironstone Museum at Cottesmore on Thursday 28th September at 11.30
- Our recent Members’ Summer Supper, which was a huge success.