May 2023 Newsletter
The May 2023 Newsletter is available online. It contains items on:
- Our June meeting on 13th June, which welcomes a return visit from Sandy Leong who is following up her talk on tea with The Bishop’s Finger, which delves into the history of the British Pub. Rudyard Kipling described tea as the “drink that refreshes but does not inebriate”. This time it is the Real McCoy!!
- Our July meeting, which involves a visit to Lutterworth’s parish church.
- Watch out for a meeting later this year, A History of My House, presented by you, looking into “Unsung Houses of Lubenham”.
- Future members only visits for 2023 (see see the May Newsletter for more details) to:
- the 1620s house at Donington le Heath on Wednesday 10th May at 11:00 am,
- a walking tour of Market Bosworth on Wednesday 28th June at 2:00pm,
- our summer supper on Saturday 19th August in the village hall.
- A request for members to make suggestions for our Autumn event.
- The 2023 Leicestershire and Rutland Festival of Archaeology, which runs from Saturday July 1st to Sunday July 30th.